Job Title: CNC Machine Setter Operator
Salary: £35,256 – £18.08 per hour (including double days shift premium)
Financial Benefits: Regular premium rated overtime available, plus bonus scheme – earn in excess of £44,000
Job Title: CNC Machine Setter Operator
About the Role
This position will entail:
- Undertaking entire CNC machine setups, from an empty machine to an approved 1st off component.
Cutting tool setup, work holding selection and setting of datums using Renishaw probing, dial indicators and edge finders, as applicable.
- Jig and fixture manufacture.
- Selection and loading of CNC programs.
- Reading and understanding an engineering drawing in full, including all aspects of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T).
- Use inspection equipment, manual and electronic and become a proficient user of the company’s metrology equipment sufficient to perform and certify a 1st off component approval.
- Completion of in-process inspection sheets and rout cards.
- You will produce small to medium batch sizes, long running batches rarely fall into this area, but you will support production operators who require tool changes and setup adjustment as and when required.
- You will deburr your own work in process.
- Once you are considered suitably trained and experienced you will be expected to train and support colleagues in the same processes.
- Undertake routine maintenance and safety checks of equipment in use.
- Ensure the general tidiness and good housekeeping of personal and shared workspaces.
This position is aimed at people with experience of most of the above technical aspects. Training will be given where required, especially on machine and control system specific aspects, but this role is for a joiner who will contribute to the setting team from the outset.
This position does not incorporate programming of machines which is handled using CAM systems and by a different team, with whom you will collaborate closely.
What’s in it for you:
- £18.08 per hour (including double days shift premium)
- Double day shift pattern – early/ late shifts alternating each week
- 24 days paid holiday (in addition to statutory holidays), with extra holiday earned with long service
- 37.5 hours per week:
- Monday – Thursday: 06:00 – 13.36 / 13.24 – 21:00
- Friday: 06:00- 13.06 / 12.54 – 20:00
- Regular weekend overtime available (Sat £19.14 per hr / Sun £25.52 per hr)
- Weekly bonus scheme which will add a minimum £50 per week to your earnings
- Company pension contributions
- You’ll get to be part of a competent, friendly, supportive and well respected family run business
- Access to varied and interesting work
- Hot drinks provided, locker rooms, restroom and toilets, all cleaned daily.
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Ample free parking
- Comfortable uniform that will help you feel part of our team
- The company has a record of high investment in the latest machinery and systems, supports awareness training, and encourages strong social team building
Step one – if we like your application, we’ll arrange a call with you to chat through your application and the role details briefly.
Step two – if we are both interested in progressing your application further, we will invite you in for a coffee with our Production Manager and/ or Operations Director. All going well, we will show you around and invite you to meet some of our team who will be able to share with you what it’s like to work with us.
Hiring – this role is open now, but we are happy to wait for the right person.
● Production Manager
● Other CNC setters & operators
● Manufacturing Engineers
● Talent Manager
Operating in Tewkesbury since 1986, we work for some of the leading organisations in the UK. We manufacture products for customers who operate principally in the defence and security sectors using the latest CNC equipment.
We are proud to have an established and family led Senior Leadership Team in place to ensure our operations run efficiently 24 hours a day across our two manufacturing sites in the Tewkesbury area. Our strong foundations and expertise help our team and customers feel confident working with us.
We operate over 50 CNC machines, including the largest fleet of Haas 5 axis UMC-750 machines in the UK (11 installed to date). To aid our productivity we make use of zeropoint work holding, heatshrink tooling, and high metal removal machining strategies.
Our current healthy orderbook for challenging prismatic components means that we are adding to our CNC machine setting team.